Baking Soda is one of the most effective remedies when it comes to treating hair problems. It can strengthen your hair, make it voluminous, and get rid of dandruff.
Here’s a look at the benefits of baking soda on hair health:
- Baking Soda Removes Product Residue
You can easily get rid of any remains from other hair treatment products using baking soda, thereby promoting hair and scalp hygiene.
- Baking Soda Removes Chlorine
If you are a swimmer or work in a chlorine-based environment, you should know that baking soda is effective in eliminating any chlorine leftovers and keeping your hair clean and in good shape. Chlorine is very bad to the hair and it can even change its colour.
- Baking Soda Supports Hair Growth
Baking soda can help you deal with weak and slowly growing hair. Namely, baking soda serves as a natural stimulator to the hair roots, allowing them to move around more rapidly. This eventually results in a long, strong, and healthy hair.
You’re advised to use the following recipe on a daily basis if you are looking to remove any hair and scalp dirt within no time:
- Mix some baking soda and water (ratio 1:3) in a small spray bottle.
- You may need more of this mixture for longer hair, but for medium-long hair, it is advisable to mix a tablespoon of baking soda with 6 tablespoons of water.
- Apply this remedy on moist or dry hair, starting from the roots and moving downwards.
- Leave the remedy to act for some minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
Alternatively, you can wash your hair using a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water (ratio 1:4). Consider adding some drops of your preferred essential oil to enrich the aroma. Apply this remedy on your hair, keeping your head leaning backwards to prevent the mixture from getting into your eyes.
There is no remedy that is as cheap and more effective as baking soda. Just give it a try!