Did you know that if you consume only a tablespoon of turmeric every day, you’ll be able to prevent virtually every kind of disease?
Turmeric has been used for over two millennia and several studies have shown that it has potent anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties.
Let’s highlight 25 incredible facts about this powerful spice:
- Turmeric averts the development of new blood vessels in tumors.
- Scientists at the University of South Dakota have revealed that pretreatment with curcumin can make the cancer cells more vulnerable to chemo and radiotherapy.
- Turmeric can effectively treat arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- According to epidemiologists, turmeric is partly responsible for the low rates of Alzheimer’s disease in India.
- It is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
- It is effective in detoxifying the liver.
- It enhances the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and minimizes its side effects.
- According to studies, turmeric can stop the growth of skin cancer. Likewise, it slows down the spread of breast cancer into the lungs.
- It decelerates the development of multiple sclerosis in mice.
- Curcumin minimizes the risk of childhood leukemia.
- According to researchers at the Kansas State University, its addition to meals reduces the levels of heterocyclic amines – carcinogenic compounds formed when the meat is barbecued, fried, or boiled, by up to 40%.
- Promotes metastases in various cancer types.
- It’s effective in delaying liver damage, which may lead to cirrhosis.
- According to mice studies, it can avert the spreading of breast cancer to the lungs.
- When combined with cauliflower, turmeric can prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of the existing one.
- It can effectively combat psoriasis and other inflammatory skin issues.
- It eliminates the amyloid plaque deposits in the brain, thereby preventing and decelerating the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
- This spice can treat and also prevent melanoma.
- It promotes healing of wounds as well as the regeneration of the damaged skin.
- It promotes fat metabolism as well as weight loss.
- It is as effective as anti-inflammatory medications, but devoid of their side-effects.
- It’s extremely beneficial in the case of multiple myeloma.
- The Chinese normally use turmeric in the treatment of depression.
- According to new studies, turmeric has the potential to treat pancreatic cancer.
To enjoy these benefits, simply focus on consuming a tablespoon of turmeric every day. You can add it to your food, mix it with castor oil for skin detox, or take it as a tea.
Spice Up Your Food
You can add turmeric to any meals, apart from desserts. Add it to meat dishes, eggs, cooked vegetables, smoothies, soups, rice, pasta, and more.
To prepare turmeric tea, boil 4 cups of water, add a teaspoon of ground turmeric, leave it to simmer for 10 minutes, and strain it. Add lemon and honey, and enjoy!
You can find organic turmeric supplements in all health food stores.
Mix it With Castor Oil for Skin Detox
To detoxify the skin, mix it with some castor oil. Moreover, women can apply it to the breast and under the arm, to pull out all the toxins from the lymph nodes and fat cells of the breast.
Therefore, there are many ways in which you can reap the amazing benefits of turmeric. Choose what suits you the most, and watch it act!