The lymphatic system is an integral part of the body. It encompasses organs and tissues that cooperate to flush out waste and toxic substances from the body.
It is imperative that you keep your lymphatic system healthy. This is especially because it contains white blood cells, which play the important role of combating infections.
Symptoms Of A Congested Lymphatic System
- Mild rash or acne
- Breast swelling or soreness with each cycle
- Rings get tight on fingers
- Dry skin
- Bloating or water retention
- Soreness and/or stiffness in the morning
- Low immunity
- Itchy skin
- Swollen glands
- Weight gain and excess belly fat
- Mild headaches
- Increased histamine levels
- Occasional constipation, diarrhea, and/or mucus in the stool
Four Main Causes Of Lymphatic Congestion
While the lymphatic congestion can be occasioned by numerous factors, we can narrow down all of the factors to four main causes:
- Digestive imbalances
- Iodine deficiency
- Constricting clothes
3-Day Lymphatic Detox To Boost Lymph Health
If you experience three or more of the aforementioned symptoms, it is advisable to do a lymphatic detox. The detox takes only 3 days, and it will significantly improve your lymph health.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Drink Lots of Fluid
Water is essential fo the lymph health. In fact, the lymph is about 95% water. Hence, it’s advisable to drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day. This will keep your body hydrated and avert poor lymph flow.
You should also have broths, freshly-squeezed juices, and herbal teas. They not only mineralize the body but also promote proper movement of the lymph.
Several herbs have been proven to promote lymphatic health. They include:
- Red root – it is effective in reducing cysts, sending nutrients to the tissues, reducing swollen nodes, and alleviating the fluids stagnation.
- Red clover – It promotes circulation. This alleviates inflammation and promotes body detoxification.
- Manjistha – It promotes lymph flow, thereby alleviating fluid stagnation.
- Echinacea – Detoxifies the lymph fluid, thereby boosting the immunity.
- Cleavers – It is effective in dissolving kidney cysts, reducing the swelling of lymph nodes, and dissolving kidney stones.
You should drink these herbs to detoxify your lymph and promote its function.
Rebounding exercise is recommended for lymphatic system detox. It’s just about jumping on a trampoline. It helps open up the lymphatic valve, thereby promoting circulation. You should do this exercise for 15-20 minutes every day.
4. Near Infrared Sauna
By penetrating into your skin, this therapy promotes sweating and toxin elimination. The heat and toxin elimination cooperate to boost the lymphatic flow.
5. Brisk Walking
You should do about 45-60 minutes of brisk walking every day. Breathe as deeply as possible while at it. This is an excellent way to keep your body moving and enhance lymph flow.
6. Legs Up The Wall
Simply lie down with your legs up. This improves the lymphatic flow as it stimulates the activation of the lymphatic valves for toxin elimination.
7. Lymphatic Drainage Massage
8. Standing Desk
This promotes lymphatic drainage. Likewise, it makes sure you get more natural lymph flow all through the day.
9. Hydrotherapy Shower
This shower encompasses the use of cold and hot water alternatively. Once you finish showering, quickly switch the water from hot to cold. Repeat this a couple of times.
10. Deep Breathing
Deep breathing is a simple task, but it is effective in promoting lymph flow. Note that the lungs are the ones that pump the lymphatic fluid:
- Stretch your arms to both sides. Then, move them up whilst breathing through your nose. Afterwards, make circles using your hands and breath deeply from the lungs, not the stomach. Hold your breath for some seconds.
- Lower your arms whilst exhaling through your mouth. Make circles with your hands while exhaling.
- You may feel dizzy after doing this exercise for some minutes This is an indication that your body is eliminating toxic substances. Stop at that point.
11. Dry Skin Brushing
This practice delivers numerous health benefits. It can improve lymph flow, optimize detoxification, and boost organ finctions.
Here’s How To Dry Brush
- Get a long-handled natural bristle brush
- Stand in the shower room
- Start dry brushing. Start from your feet and move towards the heart. Use long motions. Then, move on yor hands, brushing towards the heart as well.
- Brush every area several times .
- Focus more on the sensitive areas such as breasts.
- After finishing, take a shower. Consider alternating between cold and hot temperatures to promote blood circulation.
- Pat dry your body before applying coconut oil to keep your skin hydrated.
- You should do this daily before taking a shower for the best results.