Drinking lemon water in the morning, before anything else, is an important ritual that provides you with immense health benefits.
Lemon juice is a rich source of vitamin C, with one lemon containing 30.7 mg Vitamin C, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The recommended daily vitamin C amount is 75 mg and 90 mg for women and men, respectively.
Here are the 7 benefits you can draw from drinking lemon water in the morning:
1. Boosts Digestion: Lemon juice is effective in loosening and removing toxins from the digestive tract. It can ease indigestion, bloating, and heartburn. Likewise, besides helping to move your bowels in the morning, it hydrates your colon, and stimulates bile production.
2. Boosts Immunity: Being loaded with Vitamin C, lemon juice helps strengthen the immune system and combat cold and flu.
3. Improves Energy: With lemon water, you’ll get an instant energy boost and improved mood right from the beginning of your day.
4. Helps Weight Loss Process: Lemon water is satiating. This helps you overcome the urge to eat snacks in between meals, and hence contribute to your weight loss process.
5. Is Antibacterial and Antiviral: With their antibacterial and antiviral properties, lemons help combat the flu, cold, as well as soothe a sore throat.
6. Boosts Brain Power: Lemon water has a high content of potassium and magnesium, which are great for brain and nerve health. It can also provide you the boost necessary to fight depression and stress.
7. Combats cancer: Being rich in antioxidants, lemons minimize the risk of various types of cancer.