Obesity is one of the most prevalent health conditions today. It can be attributed to several factors, meaning that its treatments are different.
However, many treatment methods don’t deliver positive results. Fortunately, researchers have discovered the reason for this.
Namely, 4000 obese adults took part in a recent Yorkshire Health study. They were divided into 6 groups:
- Young healthy women – obese women generally struggling with minor obesity-related issues, such as type 2 diabetes.
- Young healthy women – obese men struggling with minor obesity-related issues, but with high alcohol consumption
- Unhappy and anxious middle-aged – mostly women with compromised mental health and wellbeing
- Affluent and healthy elderly – Individuals with generally stable health, but exhibiting features of high alcohol consumption and high blood pressure
- Physically sick but happy elderly – Elderly individuals with stable mental health, but suffering from chronic ailments, such as osteoarthritis
- Poor health – Individuals suffering from the highest number of chronic diseases and who are the most economically challenged
The significance of this study is that researchers considered various factors. This is a great step towards finding an effective obesity treatment.
There are two main types of body fat distribution – android and gynoid.
According to PositiveMed:
“An ‘android’ fat distribution pattern is so called because more men than women exhibit it. You may have heard it described as an ‘apple’ body type when the waist circumference is greater than that of the hips.”
“A ‘gynoid’ distribution is most commonly seen in women. This is what many call the ‘pear’ body shape. In this pattern, hip circumference is greater than waist circumference.”
It is imperative that you know the origin of the fat accumulated in a given area of the body in order to burn it effectively. Here’s a detailed explanation of the various fat accumulations and how to get rid of them:
1.Upper Body Obesity (Android)
If you eat a lot and have an unsightly body shape, you belong in this group. Consider reducing your intake of sweets and exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
2. Stomach-Centered Obesity (Android)
Excess weight in the abdominal area is occasioned by stress, anxiety, and depression. Hence, trying some relaxation techniques and exercise will be of great help.
3. Lower Body Obesity (Gynoid)
Women are the most affected by this condition. You need to perform lower-body resistance training, plus cardio exercises.
4. Swollen Stomach Obesity (Android)
The fat accumulation in the stomach area is occasioned by high alcohol intake and breathing difficulties. It is imperative that you limit your alcohol intake and focus on performing breathing exercises.
5. Lower Body Obesity, which Includes Lower Legs (Gynoid)
This condition is most common in pregnant women. You should focus on performing water aerobics to ease the pressure on your leg and feet joints. Also, spend some time with your feet elevated during the day.
6. Large, Protruding Stomach with Upper Back Fat (Android)
This condition is largely caused by physical inactivity. You need to exercise and keep your sugar levels in check. Moreover, it is advisable to reduce the amount of food you take.
If you workout and observe your diet plan, but don’t see any positive results, you should check if the obesity is as a result of genetics or hormonal imbalance. If that is the case, you should consult a doctor to advise you on the appropriate remedy.