Baking soda can be found in virtually every household for its countless uses. It can eliminate garlic smell, it is effective in getting rid of powdery mildew on roses, and can also be used to disinfect surfaces at home.
Here are some of the most significant domestic uses of baking soda:
- Baking soda sweetens tomatoes and reduces their acidity – Simply sprinkle a little baking soda in the soil.
- Baking soda boosts blossoms – Use baking soda to get the best blossoms ever. Just dissolve it in water and use it to flower your geraniums, begonias, and hydrangeas.
- Baking soda safeguards tender roses from powdery mildew
Try this Baking soda plant remedy on your roses:
- 7 tablespoons of baking soda
- A dash of pyrethrum-free insecticidal soap
- 5 gallons of purified water
Spray the solution on your roses once every week.
- Get rid of slugs
Use baking soda directly on the slugs to expel them.
- Organic pesticide
You can use baking soda as a safe pesticide spray to keep away nasty insects.
Baking soda anti-insect spray
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/3 cup of cold-pressed cooking oil
Simply add 2 teaspoons of this mixture to a cup of water. There you have your spray!
- Deodorize smelly compost
Simply add baking soda to your compost heap to neutralize unpleasant smells.
- Clean clay pots and bird baths
Baking soda can act as an effective product for water basing. After the heating pop treatment, eliminate the rottenness with a damp material, and flush.
- Keep soil fresh
Sprinkle a layer of baking soda on your pot before adding the potting soil.
- Prolong your cut flowers’ lifespan
Instead of using commercial solutions, simply soak your flowers in a solution of baking soda.
- Get rid of ants
Sprinkle moist baking soda to the insect “slope” and then pour some vinegar. This will keep you safe from ants.
Tricks for using baking soda in the kitchen.
- Use baking soda to sanitize your chopping boards.
- Use it to prepare homemade scouring powder with the following recipe:
- A cup of baking soda
- A cup of salt
- A cup of borax
- Baking soda gets rid of unpleasant smell from your hands
- Apply baking soda on your utensils to eliminate mineral deposits
- Baking soda is effective in freshening crisper bins
- Use baking soda to eliminate grease from ‘heavy duty’ grills
- Baking soda is great for cleaning microwaves. Simply follow the instructions below:
Baking soda microwave cleaning solution
- A quart of warm water
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
Use this solution to make your microwave sparkling clean!